Poseidon (2006)



Last night I decided that I wanted to watch something different and move away from the creature features of the past few days. After some searching, I decided on the 2006 action flick Poseidon.


Plot/ On New Year's Eve, the luxury ocean liner Poseidon capsizes after being swamped by a rogue wave. The survivors are left to fight for their lives as they attempt to escape the sinking ship.


As a kid, I remember watching some of the great disaster flicks of the 1970s. Unfortunately, not only has the use of CGI ruined those but also Hollywood seems to have lost the creative flair for those flicks. This film is a perfect example of a disaster flick gone awry with a huge budget. Honestly, there wasn’t much to like with this one and I wish I would have chosen something else instead. While the cast was solid, the performances and characterizations were flat, too safe, and underdeveloped. The CGI was spotty, the decisions with the scripting were uneven, and the overall feel of the movie lacks atmosphere and tension. In the end, this film is one that I could have skipped. Hell, I didn’t even know it was at the box office and thought it was a made for television entry. If that were the case, it may have been more entertaining. Trust me, you should stay far away from this one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)