Tall Men (2016)



Last night, I took some time away from the computer to head back to the Prime Stage Theater to watch the stage adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. What a tremendous production and awesome time. If you are in the Pittsburgh area and they have a show, definitely check it out. Now, it is time to get back to the blog and my next review. The movie I have chosen is the 2016 fantasy/horror entry Tall Men (AKA Customer 152).


Plot/ A challenged man is stalked by tall phantoms in business suits after he purchases a car with a mysterious black credit card.


I will be the first to admit that this was nothing like I thought it would be when I picked it up. What I found was something strange and somewhat atmospheric, with some curious premises built into the underlying storylines. The performances were solid (especially considering the budget), the cinematography interesting, and the overall feel better than I first expected. Yes, this film is not traditional horror and does creep at a slower pace, some of the dialog is uneven, and at over two hours, it may run a tad too long, but it does not totally sink the movie. In the end, this one is definitely not for everyone, and many will not have the patience to sit through it. Personally, I thought that the surrealistic elements did just enough to keep my attention.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)