Oceans Rising (2017)



After watching and being amazed by Twin Peaks: The Return last night, it was hard to sit down and write a review on anything today. There was so much going on in the first two episodes; it was one of the greatest mental journeys I have gone on in a long time. Unfortunately, my next review will be on the opposite end of the spectrum. That is the 2017 SyFy disaster flick Oceans Rising from The Asylum.


Plot/ A scientist builds a boat after his warnings of an Earth-destroying flood are ignored. But when it's evident the disaster will occur, those who maligned the scientist now turn to him in desperation, boarding the ark and seeking his answers before the world drowns in a never ending sea.


If you have been following the blog, you would know that I went through a streak of rather flawed movies recently. While some of them were bad, I can honestly say that none of them sunk to the lowly depths like this one. Actually, I am convinced that this may be the worst movie I have seen in a few years. Going in, I knew that I was going to have to suspend belief to make it through, but about 10 minutes in you will realize that it is an impossible task. There is nothing anyone could do to even imagine any of this being plausible. I understand it is a movie and it should have some of those elements, but, there are usually a few things inside the film that you can relate to. That is not the case with this one. The storyline is too unbelievable, the effects range from laughable to terrible (especially the CGI), the performances are overly flat, and the dialog and scripting make no sense. In the end, there is absolutely no reason to watch this movie. Truthfully, I think my review may even make it sound better than it is. Stay away; stay far away!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)