Hunting Grounds (2015)



Now that I am settling in after my cold weekend camping trip, I have one last Cryptozoological based movie to finish before moving on to another genre. This one I actually finished last Thursday before the trip, the 2015 Bigfoot themed movie Hunting Grounds (AKA Valley of the Sasquatch).


Plot/ After losing their home following a devastating tragedy, a father and son are forced to move to an old family cabin. Neither reacts well to being thrown into this new world. The son's attempts to relate to his father are complicated when two old friends arrive for a weekend of hunting.


I am usually all for low budget B-movie creature features, especially if the creature is Bigfoot. Unfortunately, this one did not resonate with me in any way. Yes, the setting and cinematography seemed to be above average considering the genre and some of the storyline was interesting, but those elements could not overcome some of the flaws and allow this film to reach its potential. The character development was slow, the effects (especially the Bigfoot creatures) are poor and unbelievable, and while they tried to break some of the clichéd moments, it does not work in a coherent manner. In the end, while this one is not a complete waste of time, it is far from memorable. While it did not really strike a cord with me, I could see how some viewers would enjoy it as a mindless creature feature. If that is what you are looking for as a midnight movie, give it a shot. But, id you are like me and want something more believable, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)