Morgan (2016)



After watching The Shelter, I was looking to find something more conspiracy related. Unfortunately, the movie I was searching for was out. Instead, I decided on the 2016 entry Morgan.


Plot/ A corporate risk-management consultant must decide whether or not to terminate an artificially created humanoid being.


When I saw this one on the shelf at Family Video, it looked interesting. In some ways, the advertised premise reminded me of the storyline from Embryo that I watched earlier in the week. While what I found was somewhat similar, this one was overall a lot more thought provoking and darker. Besides the interesting storyline, it featured some solid performances, a talented cast, and an intense and somewhat dark atmosphere. Yes, the ending was a bit of a let down and some of the characterizations were flat, but overall those elements did little to bring the movie down. In the end, this one has a nice mixture of horror and science fiction elements and is a fun watch, especially if you are stuck in the middle of a blizzard or deep freeze. Stay warm out there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)