Darling (2015)



I had to take a couple days away from movies after suffering through Ghostbusters. Even my wife apologized at the end for picking it up, yes, it was that bad. Over this time, I decided to watch People vs. OJ Simpson (which is tremendous). For my next review though, I decided to watch something a little different, the 2015 horror/psychological thriller Darling.


Plot/ A lonely young woman descends into madness when she becomes the caretaker of a mysterious New York mansion that has a troubled past.


Before I dive into specifics, I have to say that this film is exactly what Hollywood should be producing instead of the overdone reboots and lame attempts at horror they are coming out with. Shot in black and white, this film has both a style and substance that pulls a viewer in. While it does build slowly, the cinematography allows the tension to build and grow throughout. The minimalist cast is tremendous and the performances fall perfectly within the storyline. Even the editing and soundtrack feel wholly immersed within the overall film. In the end, I am sure that this film will fall into the love/hate category as it may be too artsy for the hardcore gore fan. However, if you are into watching something different, especially viewing it with an open mind, than you should definitely enjoy this one. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)