Southbound (2015)



As I sit here tonight having finished my homework earlier in the evening, I decided to get back to the reviews. I know that the majority of my selections lately have drifted toward Sci-Fi; my next selection is nowhere near that genre. Next up for review is the 2015 horror anthology, Southbound.


Plot/ Five interlocking tales of terror follow the fates of a group of weary travelers who confront their worst nightmares and darkest secrets, over one long night on a desolate stretch of desert highway.


Horror anthologies are often fun reminders of my earliest memories of the genre back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. This anthology movie is definitely one of the better ones that I have seen in some time. While Southbound is not perfect, it does offer some solid storylines, decent characterization with believable performances, and a tightly written script that does a great job at crafting a coherent horror film. Yes, the effects do vary in quality and there are a few uneven scenes, but that does very little to bring the movie down. In the end, this is one of the better horror flicks that I have watched in some time and a pleasant surprise. If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor and check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)