Deep Dark (2015)



With the natural snow fort set up around the perimeter of the house from digging out yesterday, it left me times to watch a few different movies last night. While I did not pull an all-nighter, I did squeeze in a couple from the selections I grabbed at Family Video before the blizzard hit. Next up is a movie that I truly cannot classify, the 2015 trip into the surreal Deep Dark.


Plot/ A failed sculptor discovers a strange, talking hole in the wall. It has the power to fulfill his wildest dreams...and become his worst nightmare.


Yes, that about sums up the plot for this intriguing gem. Honestly, I am still trying to figure out exactly what genre I should place this mind bender into, as it is one of the most thought-provoking and original films I have seen in some time, but it definitely does not fit squarely into any specific genre. Part fantasy, part, horror, and dare I say part comedy, this one takes you places that you will never expect, and creates an entertaining trip into the surreal. This low budget entry is better than most, featuring solid performances, strange originality, and amazing soundtrack, atmosphere, and some top-flight cinematography. Yes, there are some confusing moments and non linear actions, which could be a turnoff, and the ending may not be for everyone, but for me these only added to the impressive story that was unfolding. In the end, this was an incredible journey, and a movie that had enough strangeness to make me want more. Check this one out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)