Extraterrestrial (2014)



After watching The Pyramid last night, I had some more time to pass while working on my homework. So, I decided to jump into the second flick I rented at Family Video, to help keep my mind focused. Next up is that flick, 2014s Extraterrestrial


Plot/ A group of friends on a weekend trip to a cabin in the woods find themselves terrorized by alien visitors.


When I saw this one, it definitely looked like there was some potential. In fact, some of that actually did translate to the screen. Unfortunately, between the clichéd moments and uneven dialog, much of it went unnoticed. I will say that I did enjoy some of the alien sequences, and found that a lot of the storyline was interesting (although rehashed). Yes, the characters (even the aliens) made some head scratching decisions, and then there was the ending. While I am a huge fan of the X-Files, the homage to the show and the cigarette smoking man was unneeded. In the end, this one did have some entertaining moments but did not meet its full potential. Not for everyone, if you love Sci-Fi/horror alien flicks (especially from the SyFy Network), you should give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)