The Babadook (2014)



Yes, it has been a few days since I ventured into the blog, mostly because I have been stuck at either the softball field or doing homework in my Developing New Worlds class. Of course, I am usually enjoying some type of movie though, as I cannot function unless my mind is transported elsewhere. One movie that I watched that made a tremendous impact was the 2014 Australian horror flick, The Babadook.


Plot/ A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her.


It has been some time since I watched a movie and wanted it to keep going after it ended. That was the case with The Babadook. While the premise is subtle, the overall storyline is tremendous and effectively draws the viewer in and makes them want more. The atmosphere is amazing, the characterizations outstanding, the emotional performances over-the-top yet believable and the stylized images and sound effects work perfectly within the story. This movie is truly that good. Yes, the accents may turn some people off, but if that is the case, you should not be watching a foreign film to begin with. In the end, this is one of the best horror films to come out in some time and is an entertaining trip into an emotional tale of terror. If you have not seen it, find it, and watch it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)