Ouija (2014)



One of the movies that had my kids excited in 2014 was Ouija. While I thought the idea could have potential, there were many reasons why I waited on it to be released on DVD. That happened this week and my kids had me in line to pick it up. Last night, we picked it up and now the review.


Plot/ A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board.


My kids really wanted to see this one, and I decided to pick it up when it came out. Fortunately, they did enjoy it, even if it was extremely predictable and flawed. The storyline is imbalanced and clichéd, the performances are flat and the characters unlikable, the pace was imbalanced, and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. In fact, there was very little in this movie that makes it entertaining in any way. In the end, this was great for my tweens, but was a miserable for me as a horror fan. If you enjoy supernatural horror, stay away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)