Alien Abduction (2014)



Last night I wanted to find something interesting to watch and was in a Sci-Fi mood. While lately my Sci-Fi choices have been lacking, I held out hope that I could find something that could keep my lucky streak going. After some internal debate, I decided on the 2014 found footage flick Alien Abduction.


Plot/ A vacationing family encounters an alien threat in this thriller based on the real-life Brown Mountain Lights phenomenon in North Carolina.


Lately, I have been trying to stay clear of found footage flicks, but Alien Abduction looked interesting. Having family in North Carolina, I have read about the Brown Mountain Lights, and thought this could have some decent moments. I was right. While the found footage genre is saturated, this one actually took advantage of the positive aspects and came across with something solid. Inspired by true stories, this one has some decent performances, an awesome soundtrack, and it is crafted in a way that makes it have some believability. Yes, there were some rough moments, and some of the storyline was a touch uneven, but overall it was a highly entertaining flick. In the end, if you enjoy found footage flicks and are looking for a decent one to check out, this one is for you. It is one of the better entries in this genre and a movie that is worth watching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)