The Possession of Michael King (2014)



I hate when I have to pull a late night at the institute, it sets the rest of my week off. Of course, I could have probably just came home, but I will admit that the overtime will look nice on my next check. Getting back to the blog, the next film to review is the 2014 supernatural entry The Possession of Michael King.


Plot/ Michael King does not believe in God or the Devil. Following the sudden death of his wife, Michael decides to make his next film about the search for the existence of the supernatural, making himself the center of the experiment - allowing demonologists, necromancers, and various practitioners of the occult to try the deepest and darkest spells and rituals they can find on him - in the hopes that when they fail, he'll once and for all have proof that religion, spiritualism, and the paranormal are nothing more than myth.


To be honest, I had never heard of this film until I saw it at Family Video, and I had absolutely no idea what to expect. While what I found was not perfect, it definitely came with more positives than negatives. The storyline was interesting (although a touch undeveloped), a solid atmosphere, and enough pace to keep the viewer connected. Sure, there are some cliché moments, especially considering the found footage platform that sits at the base, but that is expected. In the end, this low budget freshman entry is rather entertaining and has just enough to make it a fun movie to watch. Of course, this may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy found footage flicks or non-slasher horror flicks, give it a whirl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)