Hunting the Legend (2014)



With my first week of the new quarter in the books, and finally feeling like myself again, it was time to finish the reviews on the movies I watched during my illness. As of this point, I have movie Darkroom and this found footage flick left on my list. Next up, the 2014 entry Hunting the Legend. 


Plot/ In 2008, a deer hunter was taken by something in the Alabama woods. Only his rifle, blood, and a 16" footprint were left behind... Five years later, his son seeks revenge.


I was really torn when I saw this flick. While I am not a huge fan of found footage movies, being a Bigfoot researcher, I was interested to see this films take on the mysterious cryptid. As I expected, there was nothing new with the filmmaking techniques, the acting was overdone and uneven, and the characters were poorly developed. However, I was extremely disappointed in the characterization of Bigfoot, turning the species basically into a group of large crazed cannibals. Yes, I understand that this was an interpretation, but it could not be further from the legend and a poor choice for a found footage flick. Unless you are a huge found footage fan, stay away from it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)