X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)



When I made the trip to the drive-in to see Godzilla, I honestly did not care what the other movie of the double feature was. Although, I will admit, that the drive-in is much more fun when both movies rock. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and there are times where there is a complete disconnect. Fortunately, this time, the second movie did not suck! That movie was X-Men: Days of Future Past.


Plot/ The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.


While I am not a huge Super Hero fan, I was excited to see this one at the drive-in side-by-side with Godzilla. The premise of time travel and quantum physics has always fascinated me. What I found in this movie was surprising. The cast was tremendous and their performances were all solid. The storyline was layered, yet understandable, even for someone like me that was not invested in the franchise or comic, and the effects were top notch. Yes, there were a few incoherent moments and some of the lighting felt dim, but that could have been from the screen at the outdoor theatre. In the end, this was one of the best Comic Book based movies I have seen and it was a movie that was entertaining for the entire family. I highly recommend this, even if you are like me and lack the comic book insight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)