The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)



Today has been a long day. Between a field trip to the ATC Tower, softball, Soccer and a miserable storm, I could not wait for the day to end. Once I finished my stuff for Steelers 101 and posted a short story in my class, I decided it was time to finish the review for one of the last flicks I watched, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from 2003.


Plot/ In an alternate Victorian Age world, a group of famous contemporary fantasy, Sci-Fi and adventure characters team up on a secret mission.


Having not read the comic or graphic novel, I had no preconceived notion about this movie. What I found was a fun and interesting journey into a fantasy world that I would love to be a part of. Sure, some may not like the over-the-top storyline, the strange mixture of characters, and the crazy steampunk influenced weaponry, but those are off base and extremely too serious. This movie is entertaining with some solid performances, a great cast, and a fun atmosphere. In the end, it is definitely not for everyone, but it is an entertaining movie that should not be taken seriously. Open your mind, suspend reality, and give it a shot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)