Machete Kills (2013)



Last night I took a break from writing, as the weather just put me in a bad mood. With the temperature dropping outshine, I decided to watch something with a warmer feel. My selection for Tuesday the 2013 entry Machete Kills.


Plot/ The U.S. government recruits Machete to battle his way through Mexico in order to take down an arms dealer who looks to launch a weapon into space.


I knew this one was going to be ridiculous as soon as I saw the first trailer. As a fan of Machete, I knew they could never recapture everything that made it great, and that bigger is not always better. This one was violent, it had some solid kills, and as with the first one , there was a lot of action, comedy and effects to like. Unfortunately, the storyline in this installment did not live up to the first one, and the ensemble cast did not flow in the same manner as the first. Yes, there were some perfect choices like Carlos Esteves, but others did not work. The biggest let-down was the new  characterization of Machete, as they transformed him into a supplier hero destined for the Justice League. In the end, I am glad I waited for this to hit the video shelves and did not rush in. I love grindhouse and exploitation cinema, but this one is a stretch even for me. Be warned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)