This Is The End (2013)



With October in the rear view and the reality of the Obama Care train wreck being more unbelievable than many of the horror movies I watch, I decided that it was time to change up my typical movie selections. I actually needed something with some type of comedic influence. This next flick applied that comedy into the backdrop of the Book of Revelations, the 2013 comedy This Is The End.


Plot/  While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.



I am sure that this movie will be viewed as an extremely polarizing entry and understandably so. Full of typical language, a ton of ad-libs, some potentially offensive jokes and a very mixed and incoherent storyline, it is easy to see who some will love this and some will hate it. For me, I thought there were some fun and entertaining stuff in here and enjoyed it. The combination of believability and the lack thereof is what made this interesting, especially as the actors played and made fun of themselves in some of the crazier scenes. Sure, if you are easily offended, there will be a lot in this one that will totally turn you off, as nothing and no one was sacred at all. There were some pacing problems and some uneven moments that made me scratch my head, but those did not ruin it for me. In the end, this is nothing like one would expect from previous entries of this group of stoners and will either be loved or hated. Personally, I loved it in some crazy Poultrygeist way, but I understand that is not for everyone. 


Comments

  1. Your boy O'hara loved this movie!! It started off way too slow and than picked up like half way in.. I agree with you, this movie is so-so..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)