Wendigo: Bound by Blood (2010)



After knocking out some work for Steelers101, I decided to venture into the realm of low budget horror. I especially love when I can find a movie that is centered somewhere in Pennsylvania, especially when the storyline contains some legends or folklore. My selection for the evening in the 2010 Midnight Releasing entry Wendigo: Bound by Blood.


Plot/ For hundreds of years, Native American culture has believed in the evil cannibalistic spirit known as the wendigo. For those who had taken part in cannibalism, no matter the reason, it was aid the wendigo would take possession of the person's body and soul. Once the wendigo would take possession of the human host, the host would develop and insatiable desire to eat human flesh.


This is one of the flicks that I ordered from Brain Damage Films / Midnight Releasing, and I am glad that I picked it. Yes, there are some low budget moments in the audio quality and some of the acting, but honestly, those are minimal to the overall feel. While not perfect, this one has a lot to like, with an interesting and layered storyline, a tremendous amount of gore, and some solid twists within the scripting. In the end, the low budget entry is a lot better than many films in this subgenre, and one that was very entertaining. Sure, it is not for everyone considering the nudity and graphic violence, but if you are like me, you will like this, check it out!



Comments

  1. thanks for watching our film my friend. hopefully you'll check out our summer release SKULL FOREST.....
    Len K
    writer & director, BOUND BY BLOOD:WENDIGO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)