Scary or Die (2012)


 
I took a break on Sunday, as it was time to unwind a bit. I have basically been on Conspiracy, Horror or Sci-Fi overload for the past few months. While I have been on this kick, I have also started up a newer project, updating one of my blogs to focus on conspiracies, documentaries and research. With the batteries recharged, I decided to watch a flick Jill picked for me at Family Video, Scary or Die from 2012.
 
 
Plot/ This movie tell five interwoven horror stories. There is a flesh-eating clown desperately trying to protect the person he craves the most, A dirty cop and a hit gone wrong with a vengeful Necromancer, a beautiful but mysterious woman and a lonely man looking for love in all the wrong places. There is a gruesome blood splattered uprising of Illegal Mexican Zombies, and a Cajun conjure grandfather whose gift of never ending love goes terribly awry.
 
 
My daughter picked this one out for me at Family Video, as she knows that evil clowns seem to crack me up. Honestly, I had seen it there, but never grabbed it and did not realize it was an anthology until I threw it on the computer. What I found was rather entertaining, something that took me back to the 1970s/1980s where anthologies were commonplace. While this was not the most coherent scripting and there is a lot of cliché, there is a genuine feel to it and a decent amount of blood.  It was also a tremendously entertaining flick that seemed to touch on many of the classic elements involved with anthologies. Yes, there are some flaws; with uneven acting, some places where the lower budget is evident and there is nothing new or notable in it that will make it memorable. In the end, this is far from a great anthology or movie, but it does have entertainment value, especially if you enjoy anthologies. Now, I would not go out of my way to plan an evening with this sitting as the centerpiece, but if you want something mindless with blood, check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)