The Corridor (2010)

 
 
After watching some UFO and Conspiracy related material, I decided to scan through Netflix to see if something would jump out. While there was nothing major that screamed watch me, I kept coming back to a title that seems to be everywhere. That flick is the 2010 Canadian import The Corridor.
 
 
Plot/ A group of high school friends reunite years later for a weekend of partying and catching up on old times. Isolated deep in the snow covered forest; they stumble upon a mysterious corridor of light. Like a drug, the corridor's energy consumes them, driving them to the point of madness. One by one, they turn on each other, taking their evil to the next level. Mayhem leads to murder as they race to outlast each other, and the corridor's supernatural powers.
 
 
I had debated on this flick for some time when I was walking through Family Video. When I found it on Netflix, I decided to cast my line. The premise seemed simple enough, that, it would at least be interesting. Fortunately, it was more than just interesting; it was a refreshing journey into the Supernatural / Horror Genre. Sure, it is definitely a movie that is not for everyone, as the flow and building storyline may not progress as fast as some will like. The acting is above average, the scripting works, and the cinematography does a great job at building atmosphere. Sure, there are some flaws, with effects, characterization and randomness, but those do nothing to bring the flick down. In the end, this was an entertaining journey into darkness and one that I was glad I put on. Of course, as I said earlier, this one is not for everyone. The scripting and the layered storyline require total attention; so, if you like something deeper than just blood and guts, give it a shot.  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)