Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes (2012)

 
 
After a couple days sitting directly in the supernatural and paranormal worlds, I decided that I wanted to go into a different direction. For me, as you know, that could go any way. After some debate, I decided on a flick that caught my eye at Family Video the last few times I made my way through, the 2012 entry, Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes.
 
 
Plot/ After a Bigfoot Hunter claims to possess the body of a dead Sasquatch, a disgraced investigative journalist stakes his comeback - and the lives of his documentary film crew - on proving the find to be a hoax.
 
 
When I saw this, the first thing that crossed my mind was that someone was going to again benefit by creating another outlandish Bigfoot travesty. Unfortunately, I was wrong, and this one actually created something different. Yes, it is another of the found footage flicks that seem to be everywhere today, but that was fine in this incarnation. This was really a decent entry, with sound acting, an interesting context and a storyline that was a lot more layered than I could have expected. Yes, there are flaws, as some of the scripting may have been over-the-top and there were some uneven and confusing moments, but those in no way drag it down. In the end, this was extremely entertaining and honestly a bit eye opening, as it definitely takes a different direction to the legend that is Bigfoot. If you have not watched it and are a fan of the genres, check it out, you should definitely enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)