Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie (2008)


After watching the Pittsburgh Steelers dismantle the New York Jets, it was time to find something to watch. When searching, I was in the mood for something a bit different, as I am a bit tired after hiking with Jillian in the Forbes National Forest today. What I decided on was actually a documentary, Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie from 2008.  It has to be decent, it shows the hoaxer side of Tom Biscardi, doesn't it?

Plot/ Through the experiences of two amateur Bigfoot researchers in Appalachian Ohio, we see how the power of a dream can bring two men together and provide a source of hope and meaning that transcend the harsh realities of life in a dying steel town.
When I turned this on, I had no idea what to expect. What I found was so much more than I could have expected. Sure, it really is not a Bigfoot or Sasquatch research film, in fact, that is just a subtle backdrop to the story. This one is clearly a documentary about friendship (although it does quietly discuss how shady Tom Biscardi is in researching the subject).  As a documentary fan, it was an interesting break for me from the cryptozoological, horror or UFO related material I have been watching. In the end, if you enjoy documentaries that look into the real world of friendship and the strange world that draw people together, you may enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)