Hell Night (1981)



Last night, I decided to check out what was on Netflix.  After suffering though some very bad choices at the video store, my choices just had to be better. Plus, having spent a few hours at the lake, I needed to just kick back and relax, instead of venturing out to the store. While I found a bunch of cool stuff, one flick stood out. That film, 1981’s Hell Night, was one of my favorites growing up, and one I had not watched in some time.


Plot/ Four college pledges are forced to spend the night in a deserted old mansion where they get killed off one by one by the monstrous surviving members of a family massacre years earlier for trespassing on their living grounds.



Amazingly, I had forgotten that the great Linda Blair starred in this one (she was so hott). So, when I sat down last night to watch it, I was even more excited. Honestly, it has been 25-or-so year since I had watched this one, and I could not wait to take a trip down memory lane. This great little film did a great job a marrying different elements of the horror genre, and creating a slasher with a bit more atmosphere than usual. Sure, there is some cliché, but it really works within the storyline. Overall, the acting was solid, the make-up effects (particularly the deformed psycho) were good (and creepy), and the look created something bloody and stylish (especially for a slasher). In the end, this atmospheric flick was one of the best entries from the start of the 1980s horror boom, and one that should be seen, Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)