Freakshow (2007)



It is hard to believe that 2011 is almost over, and with it my Naval career will come to an end. As I sat down last night reflecting on the past year and thinking about what my future holds as I prepare to start work at the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, I decided to watch something close to my heart. I love the weird, strange and odd; I love the side shows of the days gone by. With that in mind my selection was Freakshow from 2007.   


Plot/ This is the story of a group of criminals who chose to hide out by working security at a traveling circus. At first, they plot with an insider to steal the ticket sales, but the wily Lucy has bigger plans. She convinces the gang to let her seduce and marry the aging circus owner, Lon, in order to secure the entire circus fortune. The freaks are on to their scheme, however, and when the youngest of them is caught by the ruthless gang, they show no mercy to ensure her silence. When the circus folk find the child's remains, they swear vengeance, and no one is safe from their fury.


I honestly should have known that this movie was too good to be true (boasting being banned in 42 countries). I am usually all for movies and shows about the carnivals and the sideshows that travelled with them during that golden age of the freak show, unfortunately, this one did nothing to make me want to ever see it again. There was next to no gore (last 10-15 minutes), no character development, poor pacing and an uneven script with so-so acting.  Really, there was nothing here to keep me entertained, I just kept watching in hopes it would get better. I will admit, I at least liked the ending, but that was about it. Take my advice, stay clear!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)