Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)



I was doing some reading the other day about a movie and I discovered something that I never remembered seeing. Kane Hodder (the best Jason ever) played Freddy Krueger’s arm in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. I really do not remember that (although it has been almost 20-years since I saw this movie). So, what is any horror fan (especially Friday the 13th fan) to do? Go back and watch the flick to see where / when it happens, absolutely… That is exactly what I did with the unrated directors cut of Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday from 1993.


Plot/ The secret of Jason's evil is revealed. It is up to the last remaining descendant of the Voorhees family to stop Jason before he becomes immortal and unstoppable.


It had been years since I had watched this one and really I had very little memory of it. What I found when turning it on again was both graphic and somewhat hilarious. Honestly, I feel that this was misplaced as a Friday the 13th entry, and the director should have created a new character for the lead. If that would have happened, I doubt it would have been panned as much as it has been.  For all of the flaws like poor soundtrack, crazy storyline (biting a heart, really?) and way too many subtle horror references, this one actually has a lot of finer points that are often overlooked. The special effects are graphic (and possibly some of the best in the series), the acting is decent and there is a hint of character background and development. In the end, this one is entertaining in its own way and would have been better if it was a stand-alone or start of its own franchise. Unfortunately, as part of the Friday the 13th franchise, it fails miserably when holding it next to the early entries that started the entries.



Comments

  1. The only thing I can always rewatch over and over again is that opening scene of Jason getting blown up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)