The Thirsty Dead (1974)



After taking a day off to travel back to New Jersey, I decided to sit back and relax while I prepare for the New Jersey Zombie Walk and Undead Festival this weekend (not to mention my retirement which is a mere 10 days away). My movie selection for last evening was the 1974 action/adventure/horror flick The Thirsty Dead. 
Plot/ Beautiful young girls are kidnapped off the streets of Manila by a death cult that needs their blood to remain immortal.

When I looked at the promo booklet and noticed the PG rating, it kind of raised an eyebrow. With the movie being from 1974, to me that was unheard of in the horror genre from that era. I gave it a shot anyway (not really expecting much), and honestly was not taken in any way. Sure, it was not a horrible movie, but it also was not that great. There really were not any chills, thrills or scares, and certainly there was no terror. The acting was decent, the sets interesting and there was actually a tad bit of action scattered throughout (especially toward the end). However, with no blood, gore, language or nudity, it was more of an after school special than horror flick. I would definitely pass on this one unless you truly have no other options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)