Rachel Brooke: Down in the Barnyard



I first heard of Rachel Brooke when she joined one of my favorites Lonesome Wyatt for A Bitter Harvest. This amazing CD featured the duo in a perfect mixture of true country glory. If you have not heard it, pick it up today!


Enter Down in the Barnyard, Rachel’s latest release. This album took my appreciation for her even further. Her storytelling, brilliant songwriting, and that natural voice are all showcased perfectly. Yes, this album is not typical country and may take some time to get used to if you are not already a fan. While dark in places, it is truly an uplifting listen featuring some of the most original lyrics I have heard in some time. Are there some bumps, sure! But, it is still one of the best I have heard come out this year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)