Piranha 3D (2010)



After a few days at rebuilding the living room after moving into the HD age, it was time to sit down with a few flicks. My first choice on the new TV set was the 2010 remake of the 1970s Roger Corman flick Piranha, Piranha 3D.


Plot/ After a sudden underwater tremor sets free scores of the prehistoric man-eating fish, an unlikely group of strangers must band together to stop themselves from becoming fish food for the area's new razor-toothed residents.


From the first time I heard of this remake, I really did not expect much. Honestly, I got more than I expected. Yes, the plot, script, acting and some of the CGI was off, and seemed Sci-Fi Channelish at best. However, for me the boobs, comic moments, nudity and gore at least made it an enjoyable hour and a half. Plus, seeing Richard Dryfuss on the water was pretty funny, not Bill Murray funny, but funny. In the end, this is far from a great flick, but if you like blood, guts and boobs, you should enjoy it at least a little. I at least enjoyed watching my wife jump at the ending!


Comments

  1. I have seen the original film written by John Sayles and directed by Roger Corman. It was great and kept you on the edge of your seat. This is the remake of that Classic horror movie. Which was remade into a silly and raunchy film, it's not funny, not scares you, just some naked woman to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)