House (2008)



After spending the day with my oldest daughter Genesis, who is in for the weekend, I decided to unwind tonight be watching something other than vampires (or whatever was next on the Undead set. After some debate, I decided on the 2008 flick House starring Michael Madsen on FearNet.

Plot/ In rural Alabama, two couples find themselves in a fight for survival. Running from a maniac (The Tin Man) bent on killing them, they flee deep into the woods and seek refuge in a house. They soon realize the killer has purposely lured them to this house and that they are now trapped. As they huddle around an old fireplace, a tin can falls through the chimney. Scrawled on its side is a message from the killer, establishing his House Rules. The rules call for their deaths unless they kill at least one of the four. They have less than 12 hours to find a way to survive. At sunrise the game is over and everyone dies if the killer's demands aren't met. What they quickly learn is that the only way out, is in. But going further into this house--where unknown challenges await them--is equally deadly.

Unfortunately for me, I have now picked back-to-back snoozers (with Prime Evil on Wednesday).If you haven't seen this movie yet, do not waste your time. Really, just stay clear. The cast is mediocre, the acting is sub-par, and the plot and story are just bad. Too much of the film is retread ideas from movies of old and really comes across disjointed and predictable. Honestly, from start to finish, House is boring, overwrought and actually pretty bad. If you are a real enthusiast, Stay Clear!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I was actually thinking of seeing it, but I can tell now that I'd probably stop it 15 minutes in. I don't give movies a lot of opportunity to draw my attention. Just saw an amazingly fantastic one on Netflix Instant Queue--"Shivers" it's a Spanish movie that is pure atmosphere, creepiness, and plenty of chills. I liked it so much, I'm going to add it to my collection and that says a lot. I'm a snob about what I keep in my DVD albums. It deals with a teen who can't go out in the light, so his mom and him move to the mountains in Spain where it's creepy and dark. Suddenly, people are dying and everyone thinks it's the "vampire" kid. It ends up being something super spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check that one out! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)