Zodiac (2007)



As this week wore on, I decided to spend some time revisiting some movies that I have seen many times but failed to review. The first one on the list was the 2007 thriller Zodiac.


Plot/ In the late 1960s/early 1970s, a San Francisco cartoonist becomes an amateur detective obsessed with tracking down the Zodiac Killer, an unidentified individual who terrorizes Northern California with a killing spree.


This is a film that I thought I had already reviewed. However, I realized that although this is one of my favorite films on the Zodiac Killer, I had never actually written it up. With that being said, I just had to watch it again and do what should have been done some time ago. This is a tremendous film that actually takes a surprising approach to telling the true story of one of the most famous unsolved cases in history. The storyline is thought out and compelling, the cinematography and direction create a dark and heavy atmosphere, and the outstanding cast all do an outstanding job at embracing their characters and pulling through with solid performances. Yes, the movie may run a bit long, and most of the murders take place early on, but those are only small hiccups that don’t bring the movie down. In the end, if you are fascinated by the Zodiac Killer this is a must see. If you aren’t, you too should watch this one, it offers a detailed look at this mystery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)