Life (2017)



After surviving the crazy storm that hit town last night and spending some time at the mall with the Re-Create fundraising event for the Phoenix Art Center, it was time to relax. Now that I am back awake, it is time to catch up on the next flick from last night, 2017s sci-fi entry Life.


Plot/ A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life form, that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and all life on Earth.


This is a hard movie for me to review, not because of the subject matter or anything like that, it is because I swear I watched the same film previously only this time there were some minor differences. I know that might sound a bit crazy since it was just released in March 2017, but I felt like I knew every point spot on, except for the ending, which was similar in visuals, but different with where the characters (and creature) end up. Who knows, maybe I saw it in some parallel dimension. I did like a lot about the movie, with some of the great cinematography, awesome special effects, and an interesting storyline that was actually rather believable considering the subject matter. Even the atmosphere was dark and claustrophobic enough to make me want to see more. Yes, the characters were a touch flat, the tension level was lacking, and the performances were uneven with what was taking place inside the story. In the end, I did like this one, although it did feel predictable and at times, somewhat forced. It may not be for everyone, but it can be a fun flick to watch if you aren’t looking for the next Alien film.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)