The Summoning (2017)



Last night as I was working on some of the smaller parts of a project, I decided to throw on one of the two movies I had left from Family Video. That movie is the next up for review: 2017s The Summoning.


Plot/ When a law student uncovers chilling secrets and places her life at risk, a bitter, and rough-around-the-edges detective is assigned to her case.


When I started this one last night, I was not sure what I was getting into. What I found was something that I probably should have expected with the low-budget status. Being a fan of smaller indie films, I understand the flaws, and this one definitely has some. However, it is not the worst thriller out there with an interesting premise (based on true events) with some solid performances sprinkled in. Unfortunately, the pacing is somewhat slow, the editing uneven, and the ending feels a bit off. In the end, this one had the potential to be a creepy thriller that would have been more memorable with some small adjustments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)