The Eyes of My Mother (2016)



This weekend, I had a chance to catch a few solid movies and a couple sleepers. Fortunately, I am used to this being a fan of low budget indie flicks, but it can get frustrating. The next flick up for review is one that is so much better than I could have ever expected, the 2016 indie horror flick The Eyes of My Mother.


Plot/ A young, lonely woman is consumed by her deepest and darkest desires after tragedy strikes her quiet country life.


When I stumbled upon this one at Family Video, I had no idea what to expect and was unsure whether I should pick it up or not. I am so glad that I grabbed it, as it was definitely one of the best horror films I have seen in some time. While some may not like it, as it fits more in-line with art house cinema than the current flavor of mainstream horror, it has everything a true fan could ask for. The performances were decent, the atmosphere was dark and heavy from the start plus it continued to build throughout, the cinematography was amazing, and the storyline was both quiet and disturbing. Yes, the run time was a bit too short, and the ending was somewhat abrupt, but those definitely do not hamper the overall feel of the film. In the end, this is one of the best movies I have watched in some time and a flick that should appeal to true horror fans. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)