Operation Avalanche (2016)



Sometimes I just need to take a break away from the computer and such, and that was what I did last night while watching a solid conspiracy driven mockumentary. The moon landing may be one of the most famous conspiracy theories out there, and it is one that I have looked into more than a few times. To my surprise, I found a new movie dealing with that subject, 2016s Operation Avalanche.


Plot/ In 1967, four undercover CIA agents were sent to NASA posing as a documentary film crew. What they discovered led to one of the biggest conspiracies in American history.


When I saw this one at Family Video I was not really concerned about the quality or any other aspect, I was drawn to the storyline and subject matter. For better or worse, I love conspiracies and the moon landing is one of my favorite rabbit holes to go down. I am sure there are many out there that are in the same boat on that subject. Matt Johnson is one of the most inspirational filmmakers today. While this movie is not perfect and it does have some flaws, there were enough elements surrounding the story to make it an interesting take on this conspiracy. I loved the feel of the movie, as it definitely transported the viewer back to that period with a solid combination of soundtrack and cinematography. The idea of the story and the performances were also decent. However, the atmosphere and some of the scripting were uneven, plus the pacing was a bit choppy – all elements that detracted from the final product. In the end, this mockumentary was a different and entertaining look at possibly one of the greatest conspiracies of all time. If you are like me and are into conspiracies, give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)