Inferno (2016)



Dante’s Inferno is one of my favorite works of literature and any time I find something that is linked to that work, I devour it. That is why I was excited by my last trip to Family Video. That is where I found the 2016 entry Inferno.


Plot/ When Robert Langdon wakes up in an Italian hospital with amnesia, he teams up with Dr. Sienna Brooks, and together they must race across Europe against the clock to foil a deadly global plot.


Let me start by saying that I did not read this book, so I have no idea how well the adaptation is. Unfortunately, in this case, I imagine that I would have been better of searching out the book instead of watching this one. While not a terrible movie, there was nothing truly memorable about it and it did not come across in a smooth and coherent manner. Yes, the performances are solid, the score amazing, and using Dante and the classic Inferno as a basis is a great choice for a mystery, but those elements cannot make up for the overall disjointed and rushed feel of the film. In the end, this is entertaining, but it is also very forgettable. Unless you are a Landon fan or totally immersed in the works of Dan Brown, there are better choices for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)