The Conjuring 2 (2016)



With my day at Universal Studios behind me, and Islands of Adventure on tap for tomorrow, I decided to kick back and catch up on some of the movies I have watched in the past few weeks. Next up on the schedule is the 2016 true story, The Conjuring 2.


Plot/ Lorraine and Ed Warren travel to north London to help a single mother raising four children alone in a house plagued by a malicious spirit.


This was one of the few movies that I decided to catch when it came out. More importantly, I was able to catch it at the drive-in, something that just helps create even more atmosphere than usual. Fortunately, that just took this one to a different level. I will admit that this was one sequel that was better than the source material. Everything worked really well with a strong cast, a tight storyline, and some solid atmosphere that permeated through the entire film. The casting is perfect. Unfortunately, I did not find this one as scary as many proclaimed. While I love the true aspects of the tale and wanted to be scared, for me, it played it too safe. In the end, this was a fun sequel and interesting story that fit perfectly within the Conjuring mythos, and it was a movie that should be seen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)