Holidays (2016)



I love being back into the swing of watching horror movies and blogging, it helps me keep my mind engaged as I dissect my next writing project. The next film that I watched was somewhat of a surprise, 2016s anthology Holidays.


Plot/ Nine filmmakers present horror stories that revolve around Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.


When I put this one on, I had no idea what to expect as anthologies can be all over the board when it comes to coherent moments and quality. What I found with this one was much of the same with a mixture of uneven shorts featuring a wide array of approaches to the different holidays covered by the directors. Overall, the stories ranged from unbelievable to ludicrous, and touched on many different topics. Yes, there were a few that were pushed the limits (Kevin Smith’s Halloween comes to mind), but that was to be expected. Incredibly, the film featured some solid performances and some intriguing storylines (Father’s Day and Christmas were my favorites), although I am sure that it won’t appeal to everyone. In the end, if you live mindless horror anthologies, this one is for you. Give it shot!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)