Dark Mirror (2007)



With August coming to an end, I can almost sense Halloween, and there is really no season better. With that in mind, I was in the mood for something supernatural or paranormal for my evening movie. After some thought, I decided on the 2007 indie film Dark Mirror.


Plot/ A photographer moves her family into a strange old house, where she discovers an alternate reality reflected in the glass; a dark reality that is closing in on her.


When I saw this last night on Shudder, the premise seemed to match my mood for something paranormal. While the movie was paranormal, there were excessively many elements happening throughout the film to ever all anything coherent to grow. Yes, there were some positives with a few decent performances and the initial scenes were solid. Unfortunately, from there, nothing happens and the movie plods along with multiple subplots, uneven scripting, and slow pacing. All of these flaws lead the movie down a spiral that it is never able to find its way out of. In the end, I would have thought coming from IFC that this would have been better, but I was wrong. There is really nothing in this one that makes it worth watching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)