Regression (2015)



When I was looking around for something to watch this post weekend, I could not figure out exactly what genre I wanted to hand out in. After some debate, I sat back and decided on the 2015 indie flick, Regression.


Plot/ A young girl is sexually abused by her father. Thus, begins the disturbing tale of a father and daughter torn apart, thrown into the center of a conspiracy that shocks the nation.


I had not seen anything about this flock when I picked it up and had no idea what to expect. What I found was a movie that somewhat took me back to my youth in the 1970s/80s, where fears of overprotective parents concerned with Satanism and political correctness succeeded in ruining the horror industry. While this movie is far from perfect, there are enough moments inside the film to keep it interesting. The storyline, scripting, and atmosphere were solid, the cinematography works and the overall feel is dark. Yes, some of the performances are uneven, and there are a few clichéd moments within the characterizations, but those are not enough to bring this one down. In the end, this was an entertaining flick and something different that the typical cookie cutter reboot. More of a thriller or mystery than straight horror movie, I would definitely give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)