10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)



After some truly miserable entries, I needed to find something better. I know, I have brought much of this on myself with my selections, but, I am still due for a winner. In keeping with a more Sci-Fi driven theme to get me back into the swing of things, I have chosen the 2016 surprise sequel 10 Cloverfield Lane as my next entry.


Plot/ After getting in a car accident, a woman is held in a shelter with two men, who claim the outside world is affected by a widespread chemical attack.


I will be honest; I thought that the found footage franchise Cloverfield was gone. That is until I saw the trailer for this one. When I rented it, I had no idea what to expect, as I could not imagine what the premise would have to do with the source storyline. After watching this one, I have to say that everything worked tremendously well and this approach to continuing the storyline was perfect. This one featured some outstanding performances within the minimalist cast, a dark and heavy atmosphere, and one of the better storylines to grace the screen in some time. Everything about this film kept me engaged throughout and made me want to immerse myself within the mythos. In the end, this movie really works and is a must see. John Goodman is amazing and the film is one of the best Sci-Fi entries I have seen in some time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)