AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)



After having an enjoyable birthday dinner last night, I decided to bypass the blog (and twitter) for most of the day today. But, that could only last for so long, and I decided that it was time to enjoy some type of sci-fi/horror flick for the evening. After some debate, I decided to breakdown and watch the 2004 entry AVP: Alien vs. Predator to see two of my favorite characters in action.


Plot/ During an archaeological expedition on Bouvetøya Island in Antarctica, a team of archaeologists and other scientists find themselves caught up in a battle between the two legends. Soon, the team realizes that only one species can win.


I have stayed away from this movie for some time because I had a feeling that I would be disappointed by the results. While I was not very disappointed, I was not overwhelmed either. In fact, while there were some positive aspects, I could not help but think that this could have been better if it would have pushed past the PG-13 threshold into an R category. I did enjoy the storyline, some of the visuals, and the cinematography and pacing, and felt it was really well done. Unfortunately, scripting was an issue where the characters felt flat and much of the dialog was beyond forgettable. In the end, this was not a terrible movie, it just did not move me as much as I expected. If you have not seen it and are a fan of the two franchises, give it a shot. However, unless you are looking for a flick to introduce a younger generation to these classic creatures, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)