POD (2015)



After suffering through The Gallows and facing the reality that I would have to finally write that children’s book for class, I was trapped trying to decide what I wanted to watch. After deciding to base my assignment on an alien (The Alien on the Farm), I decided to use that subject as the background as I worked on the project. After some thought, I decided on the 2015 low budget entry POD.


Plot/ A family intervention goes horrifically awry within the snowy confines of an isolated lake house.


I had no idea what to expect when I watched this one, but what I found was an entertaining and realistic movie that demonstrated that sometimes less is more. Of course, some of this movie will not appeal to everyone, as it is clearly a dialog driven entry that relies on tension and conflict more than special effects or CGI. The storyline was interesting, the scenery/setting worked, and the performances were solid. Yes, there was a lot of incoherent moments and some of the make-up effects appeared very familiar or common, but those flaws were easily overlooked because of the depth of the psychosis that was on display in the middle portion of the film. In the end, this one will definitely not be for everyone because of the lack of blood, guts, and gore. However, if you are searching for an intelligent low budget entry that has an interesting premise, give it a shot; you should enjoy it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)