Love in the Time of Monsters (2014)



While I have been swamped with school and softball, I decided to jump back into the blog today after hearing the devastating news the Sir Christopher Lee passed away. Lee was a trailblazer, and for many horror fans he served to indoctrinate us into the genre, we have grown to love. He will definitely be missed. In catching up on some of the movies I have recently watched, I am going to stick with the horror/comedy theme with  


Plot/ Two sisters travel to a cheesy tourist trap where they battle toxic monsters dressed in Bigfoot costumes in order to save the ones they love.


After Zombeavers, I wanted to keep the horror comedy train rolling, and with this one, I definitely made the right choice. While in many ways this schlockfest was an amazing journey, the fact that everyone ebraced the homage to the cheesefests of the 1980s was incredible. Between the costuming, the dialog, the characters, and a perfect atmosphere everything worked to bring this film to life. What made this one special though is the way the movie was choreographed with just the right blend of horror and comedy, enough to keep you entertained through the schlockiest moments. Yes, there were some CGI issues and some of it was predictable, but those flaws are easily overlooked. In the end, this is one of the best horror comedies I have seen, and a movie that must be seen. Yes, it is not for everyone, but if you love cheesy B-movies, check this one out!


Comments

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)