Interstellar (2014)



Yesterday, I found myself stuck at the softball field for the first scrimmage of 2015. Of course, I realize that was the first of what will be many more over the next couple of months, and I am OK with that. Now it is time to get back to the blog. Next up, is a movie that I had waited to see for some time, 2014s Sci-Fi epic Interstellar.


Plot/ In the near future, Earth has been devastated by drought and famine, causing a scarcity in food and extreme changes in climate. A team of explorers travels through a wormhole in an attempt to ensure humanity's survival.



Interstellar was one of the few movies that I was disappointed to miss in the theatre. Now, having viewed it, I definitely want to kick myself in the ass for not making more of an attempt. This Sci-Fi epic is one of the more thought provoking movies I have seen in some time, and in many ways will stand the test of time. Not only is this movie well made, with beautiful cinematography and a brilliant soundtrack, the acting, directing, and effects create a perfect atmosphere. More importantly, the storyline is layered in such a way that the arcing love story is woven into the darkness is tremendous and full of emotion. In the end, this is a movie that must be seen and embraced. Yes, there are some I believe moments, but those are definitely easy to overlook and should be. If you have not seen it, what are you waiting for? Find it, and check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)