The Intruders (2015)



Now that I have finally finished my physics class, I can possibly dive into some more creative outlets. Unfortunately, it took a couple days to get back into the swing of things. Now I am ready to roll (at least, I think I am). Next up for review, the 2015 flick: The Intruders.


Plot/ After the traumatic loss of her mother, a teenaged girl tries to uncover the dark secrets behind her new home, in spite of her father's disbelief.


I watched this over the weekend with the daughters, as they were excited to see Miranda Cosgrove in a “scary” movie. While I did not find this one suspenseful in any way, it was not a terrible flick. The acting was solid, the scripting was decent, and there was at least a small amount of atmosphere created throughout the flick. Sure, it was more of a predictable mystery than horror/thriller, but it did show a few moments of originality that gave it some redeeming qualities. In the end, this was an entertaining flick to watch with the daughters and one that makes for a solid family friendly mystery/drama. Not for the fans of hardcore thrillers or horror, if you are looking for a decent “scary” movie with the kids, give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)