V/H/S: Viral (2014)



Last night I was locked into science class and my weekly assignment. When in that zone, I struggle to get motivated to do any type of writing or reviewing. That was a shame because I still have some stuff from the weekend to catch up on. The next one up from that backlog is the 2014 sequel V/H/S: Viral.


Plot/ Follows fame-obsessed teens that unwittingly become stars of the next Internet sensation.



As a fan of the first two installments of the V/H/S series, I was decently excited to pick this one up when it came out. Unfortunately, that excitement quickly deteriorated once I started watching it. Unlike the first two entries, this one has no coherent moments and is a rather large mess. In fact, I would say that the only redeeming quality is the initial segment about Dante the Great. While not perfect, it did make some sense and was interesting. Other than that, the film felt beyond low budget with poor scripting, uneven editing, poor special effect, and some bad characterization (not sure if that was the script, acting, or both). In the end, stay away, and if you were a fan of the first two movies, stay far away from this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)