Annabelle (2014)



Ok, as I continue to battle though this stomach ailment, I have been able to watch a couple flicks in between naps. I am just glad I am feeling somewhat better, although work did beat me down earlier today. Oh well, keep battling and it will pass, hmmm. Next up for review was one of the bigger hyped movies of 2014, Annabelle.


Plot/ A couple begins to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists.


Having enjoyed The Conjuring, I thought I knew what I was getting into with Annabelle. Unfortunately, I was wrong, as everything I loved about The Conjuring was missing in this one. Yes, the story is loosely based on a true story, but that did not cause the overuse of cliché and lack of originality. Honestly, there were no scares; the characters were flat and unbelievable, and it was slow. Even my 10-year old thought it was “boring.” Yes, some of the performances were decent and the subject matter interesting, but that did little to rescue it from the vast amount of clichés that permeated throughout. In the end, this may not be the worst of its genre, but it is far from the top of the list. If you are a fan of The Conjuring or a horror fan in general, stay away… There are many better choices out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)