Total Recall (1990)



Yesterday was a long day, as I had to pull a late night at the institute. Yes, it was only a few hours, but that time seemed to drain the life out of me and when I got home, I did not feel like doing anything. Tonight, I decided to get back on track by reviewing another one of the retro flicks I have watched over the past few days, 1990s Total Recall.


Plot/ When a man goes for virtual vacation memories of the planet Mars, an unexpected and harrowing series of events forces him to go to the planet for real, or does he?


This was a movie that I recently searched out for many reasons. Based on the Phillip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It For You Wholesale, I decided to venture into this one again to see some of the areas I may have missed when it came out. While what I found was a touch dated, it was definitely worth watching again. The storyline is fantastic, the action scenes were solid, sets interesting, and the performances were actually better than I remember. Sure, some of the effects see out of date and the dialog is all over, but that was somewhat expected from what I had remembered. In the end, this was an entertaining trip into a strange and layered storyline. If you have not watched the original, give it a shot, it is worth it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)