The Midnight Game (2013)



For the past few weeks, I have been waiting on this movie to be returned at Family Video. Evidently, the powers that be decided to keep it out of sight. Fortunately, when I went in last night it was sitting there on the shelf waiting on me to pick it up. That movie (and my next review) is on the 2013 independent flick, The Midnight Game.


Plot/ After playing a pagan ritual on a dare, a group of high school students find themselves trapped in an endless cycle of their worst fears.


When I sat down to watch this, I figured that there would be some cliché moments considering that the premise involved a pagan ritual and teenagers. Unfortunately, I was right. While this one does feature some solid performances with a rather unknown cast, a decent storyline, and some atmosphere, the ending definitely let this one down. In fact, it is the disjointed, almost anti-climactic ending that dropped this flick a few notches (as did the underdeveloped scripting). In the end, this was a somewhat entertaining low budget indie flick that is much better than many entries in this genre. With Halloween right around the corner, this one may provide some late night entertainment. Give it a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)